So it’s nearly the New Year. You got places to go, people to see. You’re busy. I totally get that. No really, I do! With that in mind, I aim to keep this short, sweet and to the point. I promise. But, well we are still on the hot topic of your hair, and how it can make you look brilliantly sexy, and then some; let’s rap a bit about good foods for your hair. After all, I don’t have to preach to the choir here: You are what you eat. And so is your hair!
With that in mind, here’s a list I’ve compiled of eight foods that are fabulous for hair health.
- Salmon. It’s great for your hair. And it’s packed with essential omega-3 fatty acids that are great for the health of your scalp.
- Dark-green veggies. You should eat your veggies everyday. They help your hair produce oils that moisturize it. Think broccoli and spinach here.
- Beans such as kidney beans, legumes and lentils are rich in iron, zinc, and biotin and help your hair grow thick and healthy.
- Brazil nuts are not only savory, but they are deliciously rich in selenium, which is great for a healthy scalp.
- Poultry does wonders for providing your body with proteins that are essential to thick and healthy locks.
- Eggs are tasty and provide ample amounts of biotin and vitamin B-12, which is great for your hair, skin and nails.
- Anything whole grain is great for you, but also nourishes your body with zinc, iron, and B vitamins, which do wonders for your hair strength and health.
- Carrots are very rich in beta carotene and vitamin A, which not only works to promote overall scalp health, but they are great for your peepers, too.